Batching oil is the medium adding cohesion to yarn filaments. Mineral oil JBO is commonly used in spinning. hydrocarbons in the C15-C20 range conclusively confirm toxicology, e.g.
- Evaluation of carcinogenic effect of mineral oil used in the processing of jute fibres, NK Mehrotra & AK Saxena, 1979
- Induction of benzo[a]pyrene hydroxylase in skin and liver by cutaneous application of jute batching oil, S Kumar, M Antony & NK Mehrotra, 1982
- Quantification of tumour initiating effect of jute batching oil and its distillates over mouse skin, R Agarwal, S Kumar, Y Shukla, M Antony & NK Mehrotra, 1985
- Polyaromatic Hydrocarbon Profile of a Mineral Oil (JBO-P) by Gas Chromatography, R Agarwal, S Kumar & NK Mehrotra, 1986
- Jute batching oil: a tumor promoter on mouse skin, NK Mehrotra, S Kumar, R Agarwal & M Antony, 1987
- Evaluation of carcinogenic effect of jute batching oil (JBO-P) fractions following topical application to mouse skin, R Agarwal, Y Shukla, S Kumar & NK Mehrotra, 1988
- Carcinogenic Property of JBO(P) Variety of Jute Batching Oil, NK Mehrotra, S Kumar & M Antony, 1988
- Role of GSSG-reductase and a thiol oxidant diethylmaleate (DEM) in skin tumorigenesis induced by jute batching oil, M Antony, S Kumar & NK Mehrotra, 1989
If your rope smells of kerosene, it contains JBO.